Welcome to The Knight Stalker; a blog where PNR Author Shelbie Knight chats about what she loves most - reading and writing!

Do you have a specific Author that you would like to see featured, or a book you would like Shelbie to review? Or possibly you would like to hear occasional updates on Shelbie's own personal journey on the road to publishing? Feel free to email any requests - it's all fair game!

On these pages, Knight rules and brings to life the sexy supernaturals from your wildest imagination!



April 15, 2014

Announcements

Hello everyone!
I know it's been a while since I last checked in and during this time, much has happened.
After receiving the first round of edits back on Loving the CEO, I made the decision to do a complete re-write, as opposed to trying to edit. I am very fortunate, in that I've been blessed with a wonderful Editor whom provided me with a knowledge base I did not previously have. Needless to say, I believe I made the right choice.
Just yesterday, I returned Loving the CEO to my Editor for the second round of edits!
The original manuscript, after first edits, sat at just shy of 69k words. After re-writes, it now sits at 128k, if that gives you an idea of how much I added to the story. My characters simply were not happy with the shortened story and I found I couldn't explore their relationship in such a short word count. I know, maybe 69k isn't short for some people, but in this case, for me it was.
So, you ask what's next? 
Well, that's where the fun kicks in!
I am thrilled to announce that I was asked to join a wonderful group of Authors, working together towards a common cause getting our work out there for the masses to read!  
We are known as The Decadent Divas.
We have much planned in the future, so many exciting things to come, but for now, we have a blog, Facebook and Twitter up and running. Follow us to find out what's coming!
Now, you ask...who are these wonderful Authors?

Jennifer Kacey, Ditter Kellen, Cait Miller, Rebecca Royce, Chandra Ryan, Erin Simone, Sabrina York and Shelbie Knight. 
These are the ladies of The Decadent Divas!

If you are interested in following us, I will place the links below.
Now, for the updates on what's next for me; Rising Dragon is my next project with Ellora's Cave and I will return to writing it, starting tomorrow!
This will be my first paranormal with EC. I'm thrilled to return to what I really love, and have a passion for, writing - Paranormal.
Targeted word count for Rising Dragon is 80-100k.
That's it for now, but there is much to come!  
Remember, keep an eye out on my blog and The Decadent Divas for updates!!

The Decadent Divas FB:  https://www.facebook.com/decadent.divas
The Decadent Divas Twitter:  https://twitter.com/DecadentDivas
The Decadent Divas Blog:  http://thedecadentdivas.blogspot.com/

Have a super week!
*Hugs*
Shelbie  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment