Welcome to The Knight Stalker; a blog where PNR Author Shelbie Knight chats about what she loves most - reading and writing!

Do you have a specific Author that you would like to see featured, or a book you would like Shelbie to review? Or possibly you would like to hear occasional updates on Shelbie's own personal journey on the road to publishing? Feel free to email any requests - it's all fair game!

On these pages, Knight rules and brings to life the sexy supernaturals from your wildest imagination!



September 8, 2013

Hello everyone!!

I just wanted to pop on and say "HI!" to everyone.  I know it's been a while since my last blog post, and I apologize for this and will try to do better in the future.
The last few weeks have been very busy ones for me.  I went on vacation to the ocean with my family, which I loved even though I ended up dog sick...ugh.  On top of that, the next day after returning home, my kids started school. Of course, I had to be terribly sick during all of this.  *feeling sorry for myself*  =(
Also exciting, and nerve-wracking as heck, is my first deadline looms ahead...September 15th.  Naturally, I have been working like crazy trying to wrap up the story.  Yes, you heard...wrap.  My characters seem to have another idea, as the story wants to continue, so I will have to find a good place and call "Cut!"  Hopefully, if it is well-received, I will have the option of continuing Richard and Samantha's story.
Once I get the story part done, then it's edit, edit, edit and having a critique read before I send it off to my Editor, Kelli Collins.  I have only a week left to get all this done, so needless to say, this week will be balls-to-the-wall work.  That's okay with me.  I do some of my best work under pressure - as I am sure many Authors do.  
My biggest hope is that when all is said and done, you the reader, will love my work.  I hope I am able to write characters you can empathize and bond with.  That I can write scenes which you can visualize and live through.  In the end, I hope to have taken you on a journey with me.  One which you will want to come back to time and time again.
Well, it's time for me to get back to work!  This will be my first published piece and I am determined to do my best - for you.
I wish you all the best.  I hope you have a wonderful week ahead and that you are successful at whatever you set your mind to.  Never give up is my motto.  Work hard at that which you desire and your desires will become reality.
Best Wishes *big hugs*
Shelbie  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment